Who I am
Howdy! I am a postgrad at the Texas A&M University in Department of Industrial & Systems Engineering, Data Science track. I’ve previously lived in Beijing where I got my bachelor’s degree.
I enjoy all the covenience and sparks brought by the digital world, and I’m always in search of methods to improve productivity. “Knowledge increases by spreading” sways my life so deeply, this saying pushes me to become a newsletter writer, a SSPAI writer, a Bilibili UP (kind of like youtuber in China) with 56K subscribers and 3.24 million views, I am also a team member of a psychology podcast (Apple Podcast Best of 2019). I am still new, I still have a lot need to learn, I still have a long way to go, but I firmly believe all these learning snippets will rack up to a big amount someday.
- 16Personalities: Protagonist Personality, ENFJ (Outgoing/Encouraging/Organized/People Person).
Philosophy (in no particular order, except the first one)
- Hofstadter’s Law says it is always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter’s Law.
- Have a bias for action. If I can do something in a few minutes, do it now. If I hesitate on things that take little time, I won’t be decisive on things that take a lot of deliberation. Act fast is not as risky as it seems, because I can stop quickly.
- Optimism and courage are difficult to maintain, so protect them at all cost. It is easy to doubt. Self-doubt is especially harmful because it provides a circular logic to how everything seems to work.
- Serve others. We are capable of giving way more than what we receive. There is nothing to lose by giving more, as the well will overflow with fresh spring.
- My happiness comes from peace. Peace with others. Peace with myself.
- You don’t need a big audience when you have the right audience.